주일설교
HOME > 주일설교 > 주일설교
주일설교

"오직 사랑 안에서 참된 것을 하여 범사에 그에게 까지 자랄지라 그는 머리니 곧 그리스도라" (에베소서 4:15)

설교제목 : 하나님은 우리가 어찌해야 할 지 정답을 알고 계신다 (God Always Has the Right Answer for Us a…

본문

Sunday Worship Service’ Sermon (5-07-2023)

God Always Has the Right Answer for Us About ‘What to Do’

(1 Samuel 23:1-14)

There are people who plan everything alone and put it into action. Also, there are people who meet with friends, family, or experts in the matter to discuss and plan. On the other hand, there are people who discuss and plan everything with God finally, the Wonderful Counselor, even after they discuss it with friends, family, or experts in the matter. Proverbs 15:22 tells us that 'consultation' is very important when planning something: “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.”

David learned this wisdom of life. David was a man who knew how to counsel not only with the prophet Nathan, but also with his men and with God. In particular, when it was difficult, David asked God and acted according to the advice given by God, just as he would go to a counselor and ask for advice. The reason David consulted with God, asked questions, and acted accordingly was because he loved God and wanted to do everything in God's way.   This was David’s secret for doing everything wisely.

Today's text shows us specifically how David discussed with God and what he asked God. This allows us, too, to know that we can talk and fellowship with God like this. So, let's see how and what David consulted with God about in every situation he found himself in. First of all, when David heard the news of the people of Keilah who were in trouble, he did not decide for himself 'What to do.' Like verse 2 says, he inquired of the LORD first, saying, "Shall I go and attack these Philistines?”

And when David heard that Saul planned to come to Keilah to catch him, David asked God what he should do with his men in verses 10-12.

“O LORD, your servant has heard definitely that Saul plans to come to Keilah and destroy the town on account of me. Will the citizens of Keilah surrender me and my men to Saul? Will Saul come down, as your servant has heard? O LORD, tell your servant." Also, when the answer God gave to David and the opinions of David's men differed, David asked God again. “God, shall I go and attack the Philistines?”

David's prayer was a natural fellowship and conversation with God, specifically discussing and asking God about everyday matters. We learn another aspect of prayer here. Maybe, after already deciding what we want, we pray “God, this is my wish and hope.”  This is a prayer forcing God go along with our will. So, there is no answer, and we become discouraged while praying. Prayer is fellowship and conversation with God, in which we discuss and ask God specifically about the everyday things we experience. God will surely answer these kinds of prayers.

God gave clear answers to David's questions:

"Will Saul come to get me?" - "He will come."

"Will the people of Keilah betray me?" - "They will betray you."

"God, Keilah is in trouble, what shall I do?" - "Go and save Keilah. I will deliver them into your hands."

And David listened to God's advice and acted accordingly. As a result, David won the war against the Philistines that day, and Saul sought to kill David every day, but God protected David from Saul's hand. In particular, when David consulted with God about the war against the Philistines, the war between David and the Philistines became a war between God and the Philistines. God intervened in the war. This is the meaning of the words 'I will give you into your hands'. In this way, God is with us when we discuss something, God works directly with us, and God helps us to the end. This is a promise that when we, also, ask and discuss things with God, He will answer us as well.

We can think like this: ‘If I ask and consult with God, will God answer me, too?’ Yes, He will. That is the privilege and blessing of being a child of God. God has promised that he will give to those who ask and seek (Matthew 7:7). We do not have, because we do not ask God. Also, when we ask, we do not receive, because we ask with wrong motives, that we may spend what we get on our pleasures (James 4:2-3). And God answers those who obey the Word of God. In the end, because we decide and choose for ourselves without asking God, our plans do not come true according to our will, and because we do not consult with God, we walk a different path from the path God has prepared and planned for us.

God is our Wonderful Counselor (Isaiah 9:6). God loves us and he is always with us. God always has the right answer for us about 'what to do'. God has the answer that will enable us to win in any arduous battle we encounter on the journey of life. Why did David inquire and discuss everything with God? It is because every time David inquired and consulted with God about anything, God gave him the right answer about what he must do in order to make him prosperous and lead him to the way of the Lord. Do not struggle and struggle alone because you do not know what to do but discuss everything with God. Ask God everything. God knows the exact answers to everything we wonder about, what we want to know, and everything we struggle with.

I encourage you all to start asking and consulting with God in your prayers today. ‘God, I want to live the rest of my life beneficially and meaningfully. Please teach me how to live.’ ‘God, I have this kind of pain and suffering. Please teach me what I should do.' 'God, I want to raise the children you gave me as next generation of faith who serve God well.’ ‘God, I want our church to become a church that embraces, lives, and builds more souls in this city. Can you teach us what to do?’ Then, God who loves us will be with us and help us do all things wisely and prosper. The life of faith is the beginning of a happy life where a person who used to live alone lives as a child of God with God, the King of kings. We are children of God. Ask God our Father about anything and counsel with Him. God will tell you the answer. Amen!!!

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 카카오톡으로 보내기